We believe that every customer is special. At Vistara, we ensure you travel without any worry and are here to assist you at every step.
Wheelchair services can be requested at the time of booking. Please inform us 48 hours prior to your departure time regarding the request to help us plan your travel better. You may raise a request for this service through Trade Partners, Airport Ticketing Offices, Check-in Agent, Customer Service Centre, or through the ‘Manage My Booking’ page on the website.
Types of wheelchair assistance
A wheelchair request can be made basis the following categories:
If you have already booked a wheelchair, please reach the airport in advance and get in touch with our airport staff. We recommend reaching at least 2 hours prior to departure for domestic travel and 3 hours prior to departure for international travel for a hassle-free journey.
- Early boarding is available for customers. They must identify themselves to the Vistara staff at the boarding gate to request early boarding.
- If the passenger is travelling alone, they must be able to put on a life jacket and oxygen mask on their own in case of any emergency situation onboard, and reach the emergency exit unaided. In case the customer faces difficulty managing these safety activities, they must ensure that they travel with the required assistance. Carrying personal assistive devices such as walking sticks, electric wheelchairs, and crutches is allowed.
- If the customer has vision or hearing limitations, please inform the Vistara ground staff at the airport or the cabin crew onboard the aircraft so we can make sure they receive the relevant safety instructions accordingly.
- Upon arrival, wheelchair assistance will be provided for disembarkation from the aircraft.
- Emergency seats cannot be allotted. If the customer has selected the Emergency seat during booking and then later opted for a Wheelchair, their seat selection will change.
- A wheelchair will be provided for mobility/ambulatory assistance at the airport.
- Customers are advised to report at the check-in counter 2 hours prior to departure for domestic travel and 3 hours prior for international travel.
- MEDA clearance is not required for wheelchair assistance for minor, stable, old, long-term, or chronic medical conditions where assistance is only required for mobility.
- If you need to carry your own wheelchair till aircraft door for boarding and also to be available right at aircraft door for disembarking at destination airport; then this request can also be registered by calling the Vistara call centre and registering your exact requirements against the booking PNR.
You can request for wheelchair assistance from your departure airport at the designated locations mentioned below: