Now, carry up to 12kg hand baggage with you on board (if you prefer not to check it in) for a nominal fee.
Carry a little more, without any hassle.
We understand that there are times when you need to carry a little more than is permitted within the standard 7kg hand baggage allowance. With Vistara’s Carry-on Plus, you can carry up to 5 kg more on board and rest assured of keeping your documents and valuables within easy reach, instead of being forced to check-in. Your post-arrival experience will be quicker too, with no waiting for your bag at baggage claim.
While you are permitted to carry a heavier bag, the physical dimensions of the carry-on bag needs to be within the current permissible limit: Maximum dimension = length + height + width should not exceed 158cms. And as always, an additional piece such as a laptop bag or ladies purse is permitted, as long as it can fit under the seat in front.
Carry-On Plus is a complimentary service for all our Business Class, Premium Economy, and Club Vistara Platinum and Gold customers. All other customers can also enjoy the convenience of Carry-On Plus at a nominal fee of ₹250 per kg, payable in advance on our website and mobile app, or can be purchased at our airport ticket offices (ATOs) and check-in counters.
Terms and Conditions
- Size of the carryon baggage must remain the same, only additional weight is allowed. Current permissible cabin dimensions are 55cms (22 inches) x 40cms (16 inches) x 20 cms (8 inches).
- In addition to one piece of cabin baggage, you may also be permitted to carry one of the following personal items, subject to security regulations:
- A lady's handbag
- An overcoat or a jacket
- A rug or a blanket
- A camera or binoculars
- Reasonable amount of reading material for the flight
- Infant's feed for consumption during the flight and infant's carrying basket, feeding bottle, if an infant is accompanying.
- A Walking stick
- An umbrella (Folding type)
- Medicines required during the flight like Asthma inhaler etc.
- A Laptop
- This service is valid on routes for all Vistara direct flights (except flights originating from Jammu, Leh and Srinagar).
- Carry-on Plus fee is all inclusive of taxes.
- Carry-on Plus is only valid for the sector it is purchased for. Carry-on Plus needs to be purchased for each sector separately.
- Carry-on Plus is applicable for booked customers only and is non-transferable/non-refundable.
- No modification to the Carry-on Plus service will be allowed post booking.
- In case of date or time change, Carry-on Plus service purchased will be associated to the new flight.
- Vistara reserves the right to withdraw/revise the Carry-on Plus service without prior notice.
- Flight schedules and timings are subject to regulatory approvals and may be revised without advance notice. For detailed terms and conditions, log on to Terms & Conditions.