At Vistara, we are pleased to introduce ‘Carry-On Plus’, our newest service which will further enhance your experience when you fly with us.
We realize that there are times when you need to carry a little more than is permitted within the standard 7kg hand baggage allowance. With this service, you will have the option to carry up to a 5 kg heavier bag on board and enjoy the convenience and peace of mind of keeping your documents and valuables with you, instead of being forced to check-in the bag. Your post-arrival experience will be quicker too, with no need to wait for your bag at baggage claim.
While you can carry on more weight, the physical dimensions of the carry-on bag needs to be within the current permissible limit: Maximum dimension = length + height + width should not exceed 158cms. And as always, an additional piece such as a laptop bag or ladies purse is permitted, as long as it can fit under the seat in front.
‘Carry-On Plus’ is complimentary for all our Business Class, Premium Economy, and Club Vistara Platinum and Gold customers. All other customers can also enjoy the convenience of 'Carry-On Plus' at a nominal fee of ₹250 per kg, payable in advance on our website, or buyable at our airport ticket offices (ATOs) and our check-in counters.
So don't let your hand baggage seem like a burden to you. Enjoy the new feeling and convenience of ‘Carry-On Plus’ and travel hassle-free.
Terms and Conditions
- Size of carry on baggage will remain the same, only additional weight is allowed. Dimensions are 55cms (22 inches) x 40cms (16 inches) x 20 cms (8 inches)
- In addition to one piece of cabin baggage or package, you may also be permitted to carry on of the following personal items, subject to security regulations: 1. A lady's handbag. 2. An overcoat or wrap. 3. A rug or a blanket. 4. A camera or binoculars. 5. Reasonable amount of reading material for the flight. 6. Infant's feed for consumption during the flight and infant's carrying basket, feeding bottle, if an infant is carried. 7. A Walking stick. 8. An umbrella (Folding type). 9. Medicines required during Flight like Asthma inhaler etc. 10. A Laptop.
- Valid on all Vistara routes for all direct flights (except flights originating from Jammu, Leh and Srinagar).
- Carry On Plus fee is all inclusive of taxes.
- Carry On Plus is only valid for the sector it is purchased for. Carry On Plus needs to be purchased for each sector separately.
- Carry On Plus is applicable for booked customers only and is non-transferable/non-refundable.
- No modification to the Carry On Plus baggage will be allowed post booking.
- In case of date or time change, excess baggage purchased will be associated to the new flight.
- Vistara reserves the right to withdraw/revise the Carry On Plus scheme without prior notice.
- Flight schedules and timings are subject to regulatory approvals and may be revised without advance notice. For detailed terms and conditions, log on to Terms & Conditions