Now, carry up to 12kg hand baggage with you on board (if you prefer not to check it in) for a nominal fee.
Carry a little more, without any hassle.
We understand that there are times when you need to carry a little more than is permitted within the standard hand baggage allowance. With Vistara’s Carry-On Plus, you can carry up to 5kg in Economy and 2kg additional on Premium Economy on board, for travel within India. You can be assured of keeping your documents and valuables within easy reach, instead of being forced to check-in. Your post-arrival experience will be quicker too, with no waiting for your bag at baggage claim.
While you are permitted to carry a heavier bag, the physical dimensions of the carry-on bag should not exceed the sum of the 3 dimensions (length + breadth + height) in excess of 45 inches or 115 cm. And as always, an additional piece such as a laptop bag or ladies purse is permitted, as long as it can fit under the seat in front.
Carry-On Plus is a complimentary service for all our Business Class customers and Club Vistara Platinum and Gold customers (for travel within India).
All other customers can enjoy the convenience of Carry-On Plus at a nominal fee of INR 240 per kg, payable in advance on our website and mobile app, or purchasable at our airport ticket offices (ATOs) and check-in counters.
Terms and Conditions
- Size of the carryon baggage must remain the same, only additional weight is allowed. Current permissible cabin dimensions are 55cms (22 inches) x 40cms (16 inches) x 20 cms (8 inches).
- In addition to one piece of hand baggage, you may also be permitted to carry one of the following personal items, subject to security regulations:
- A lady's handbag
- An overcoat or a jacket
- A rug or a blanket
- A camera or binoculars
- Reasonable amount of reading material for the flight
- Infant's feed for consumption during the flight and infant's carrying basket, feeding bottle, if an infant is accompanying.
- A Walking stick
- An umbrella (folding type)
- Medicines required during the flight like Asthma inhaler etc.
- A Laptop
- This service is valid on routes for all Vistara direct flights (except flights originating from Jammu, Leh and Srinagar).
- Carry-on Plus fee is all inclusive of taxes.
- Carry-on Plus is only valid for the sector it is purchased for. Carry-on Plus needs to be purchased for each sector separately.
- Carry-on Plus is applicable for booked customers only and is non-transferable/non-refundable.
- No modification to the Carry-on Plus service will be allowed post booking.
- In case of date or time change, Carry-on Plus service purchased will be associated to the new flight.
- Vistara reserves the right to withdraw/revise the Carry-on Plus service without prior notice.
- Flight schedules and timings are subject to regulatory approvals and may be revised without advance notice. For detailed terms and conditions, log on to Terms & Conditions.
- Carry-On Plus service is not applicable for passengers booking under Economy Lite for travel within India.
- Customers can book the service up to 60 minutes before flight departure.