Manager – International Affairs
Position: Manager – International Affairs
- Identify traffic rights needs and support efforts to meet Vistara’s network plans
- Obtain licenses for allocation of traffic rights and ensure flights are operated.
- Provide necessary justification for the grant & maintenance of traffic rights
- Prepare position briefs
- Operational – ensure all flights have necessary approvals
- Ensure timely approval of seasonal flight schedules, over-flight requirements, ad hoc / supplementary charter flights, codeshare approvals and training flights from local and foreign authorities.
- Prepare and submit applications & monitor validity of existing licenses.
- Provide a supporting role at pre-negotiation meetings with governmental agencies and other key stakeholders in foreign countries
- Liaise with third party agents to obtain approvals when necessary.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments
- Be updated on latest regulatory developments in India/other assigned regions or any development in global aviation and provide feedback/advice to the management
- Gather intelligence on Air Services Agreements (ASA) and regulatory matters in other countries, provide feedback to Management and Government as necessary
- Build relationships with government agencies, airlines & associations on regulatory matters
- Maintain contact and build on relationships with government agencies, airlines and associations, in pursuit and maintenance of rights in assigned areas.
- Participate and provide supporting role at multilateral forums (IATA, AAPA, ASEAN Air Transport Group, airline Alliance Regulatory Group, etc.).
- Ensure we meet obligations under various multilateral fora, and participate in relevant initiatives by such fora
- Provide advice on commercial agreements, ASAs, and regulatory matters to internal stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with obligations under various agreements
- Advise colleagues on implementation and interpretation of ASA and regulatory matters.