Pre-purchase Extra Baggage
You can now pre-purchase excess baggage at discounted rates.
Pre-purchase excess baggage to carry everything you need.
Effective 2nd August 2018, we have introduced Vistara Freedom Fares, which gives you the freedom to pick the kind of fare you want, with added features and flexibility that suit you best.
As part of ‘Vistara Freedom Fares’, Economy Class fares are called ‘Lite’, ‘Standard’ and ‘Flexi’, while those for Premium Economy and Business Class are named ‘Value’, ‘Standard’ and ‘Flexi’. For details on each fare type, visit Fare Rules.
Under Vistara Freedom Fares, we have revised the free baggage allowance under each fare category. Additionally, we have introduced a per piece baggage concept for Economy Lite passengers only. Under this policy, Economy Lite passengers can carry only ONE piece of baggage, with a maximum weight of 15 kg. However, excess baggage can be purchased in order to carry more.
There are two ways you can purchase excess baggage:
- At the airport - If only additional weight is being carried, you will be charged Rs.500 per kg (inclusive of taxes), irrespective of the fare you selected.
For Economy Lite passengers also carrying additional pieces, you will be charged Rs.500 (handling charges, inclusive of taxes) per piece at the airport.
- You can also pre-purchase excess baggage online (only additional weight over and above your allowance) at concessional rates up to 6 hours before departure.
Please note that for Economy Lite passengers, there will be an additional baggage handling charge of Rs.500 per piece (inclusive of taxes) applicable at the airport in case the customer carries more than one piece.
The revised charges for pre-purchasing excess baggage are as below:
|Excess Weight charges for Advance Online Purchase||Charges (inclusive of taxes)|
Benefits of pre-purchasing excess baggage online:
- Price advantage At the airport, the charge for carrying additional weight is Rs.500 per kg (inclusive of taxes). Pay lower than what you would at the airport by purchasing excess baggage online and save up to 40%!
- Automatic update in booking When you pre-purchase excess baggage, your booking is automatically updated in our reservation system.
- Easy to changeIf you change your flight, your pre-purchased excess baggage is transferred to the new flight.
How to Pre-purchase Excess Baggage?
VVistara partners with Optiontown to facilitate purchase of excess baggage.
- On Optiontown, select the ‘pre-purchase extra baggage’ option.
- Enter your PNR/Booking Reference, Last Name and Email to retrieve your booking information. If you don't have your PNR handy, use the 'Advanced Search' option to retrieve your flight details.
- Select the flight for which you wish to purchase excess baggage.
- Simply pay to complete your purchase.
Terms and Conditions
- This service is valid on routes where Vistara flies direct.
- Charges for the service includes all applicable taxes.
- Pre-purchase excess baggage service is applicable to all Vistara passengers holding a confirmed PNR.
- Pre-purchase excess baggage service is valid for the sector it is purchased for. Excess baggage needs to be pre-purchased for each sector separately.
- Pre-purchase excess baggage service is applicable for booked passengers only and is non-transferable/non-refundable.
- No modification to the pre-purchase excess baggage service is allowed after completing the booking.
- In case of date or time change, excess baggage purchased will be associated to the new flight.
- Pre-purchase excess baggage service cannot be used for transporting any type of cargo.
- Weight for check-in baggage in a single piece cannot exceed 32 kg. The maximum weight that can be checked in per passenger cannot exceed 96 kg in total.