Presenting Vistara Freedom Fares
Vistara introduces “Freedom Fares”, a family of fares that gives customers the freedom to choose the fare that suits them best!
- Enhances customer choice by offering the freedom to select a fare with attributes they most value from a menu of 9 fare choices across three cabin classes
- A new fare type called “Economy Lite" has been introduced to better meet the needs of a customer segment who do not require certain features to be included in the fare
- Addresses the need for more flexibility for changes and cancellations that is desired by some customers, through “Flexi Fares” that are priced at reasonable levels
- Invests in enhancing overall travel experience with wireless streaming of in-flight entertainment to customers’ smart handheld devices and laptops
Vistara, India’s finest full-service carrier, has launched ‘Vistara Freedom Fares’ – an intuitive, menu-based pricing model designed to empower customers with the freedom to choose the kind of fare and services that suit them best, giving them the freedom to plan their journeys, their way.
Effective 02 August, 2018, travellers will have the freedom to choose from thoughtfully designed bundles of features and services at different price points for their preferred flight and class of service or select them à-la-carte, while never having to compromise on globally-praised service standards and an unrivalled inflight experience.
Additionally, the airline announced the introduction of ‘Vistara World’, its free inflight entertainment system with video and audio content of more than 70 hours streamed wirelessly onto personal handheld devices and laptops.
‘Vistara World’ will be rolled out fleet-wide in August 2018, subject to regulatory approvals. It will offer a content-rich multimedia library that includes music genres like Pop, Jazz, Blues, Rock, Electronica, English Retro and Indian, Bollywood and Hollywood movies of various categories such as Drama, Romance, Comedy, Thriller, Action, Adventure, etc., Indian and International short programs as well as a variety of reading material including Vistara’s inflight magazine.
As part of ‘Vistara Freedom Fares’, Economy Class fares are called ‘Lite’, ‘Standard’ and ‘Flexi’, while those for Premium Economy and Business Class are named ‘Value’, ‘Standard’ and ‘Flexi’.
- ‘Lite’ fares will be available in Economy Class only, and is a new category of fares for customers seeking simply the lowest fares, that does not include complimentary meals. However, a buy-on-board option of snacks and drinks will be available from 29 August, 2018. While ‘Economy Lite’ customers will continue to earn Club Vistara points, they will not earn elite-qualification ‘tier points’. ‘Economy Lite’ fares are not upgradeable, non-changeable and non-refundable (though taxes are always fully refundable). The free checked baggage allowance remains at 15kg, but is restricted to one piece of checked baggage only.
- ‘Value’ fares are available in Premium Economy and Business Class, and are designed for those who seek the most attractive fares in these classes. These fares are essentially the same as the competitive fares that are available today, and offer similar features as well as 100% CV and elite qualification points. Changes and cancellations are possible with a fee. ‘Value’ fares are, however, not upgradeable.
- ‘Standard’ fares, available in all classes, are priced at a reasonable add-on to ‘Lite’ and ‘Value’ fares, and offer additional benefits such as additional baggage allowance and greater flexibility with lower change and cancel fees. These fares are upgradeable using upgrade fee, CV points or vouchers.
- ‘Flexi’ fares, also available in all class, are priced at an affordable add-on to ‘Standard’ fares, and offer nil change and cancellation fees (conditions apply), in addition to certain other enhanced benefits such as additional free baggage allowance and priority check-in, baggage handling, and boarding. These fares are designed for those who seek the maximum convenience and flexibility in whichever class they choose to travel, and are willing to pay a reasonable premium for it.
Club Vistara Silver, Gold and Platinum customers opting for ‘Lite’ fares will continue to get soft benefits such as priority handling, additional baggage allowance, and lounge access, as applicable.
Bookings with ‘Vistara Freedom Fares’ start 02 August 2018, and can be made on our website www.airvistara.com, mobile app, Airport Ticket Offices (ATOs), call centre, Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) and travel agents along with all major GDSes. ‘Economy Lite' fares will be available for flights operating 29 August 2018 onwards.
Here are the detailed fare features and benefits at a glance, by cabin class.
For more information, and Frequently Asked Questions, please click here.