We endeavour to make your journey hassle-free, starting with numerous options for check-in. However, regardless of how you check-in, please note that check-in will close 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure time. Customers are also expected to be present at the boarding gate at least 25 minutes prior to scheduled departure time.
|Online Check-In||Mobile Check-In||Airport Check-In|
|Availability||48 hours before|
|48 hours before|
|2.5 hours before|
Web Check-in Terms and Conditions
- Customers may check-in on our website www.airvistara.com or using our mobile app and they will receive e-Boarding Pass (Web and Mobile Boarding Pass) on their preferred email address.
- Please note that web check-in will close 60 minutes prior to scheduled departure time. Customers are also expected to be present at the boarding gate at least 15 minutes prior to the departure time.
- Please read the notes printed on your boarding pass carefully.
- Vistara reserves the right to change the seats for the customers (checked-in using Web Check-in) to occupy Emergency exit seats in order to comply with safety regulations or a change in aircraft configuration.
- It is mandatory to produce a Web Check-in boarding pass for security clearance as well as for boarding. A valid Photo identification (Official Government issued photo identification, Driving license, Election photo identification, Passport), Photo credit card may be requested any time at the airport.
Web Check-in is not available for:-
- Customers with special service requests such as wheel chairs, extra seats, visual and hearing impairment, unaccompanied minors, stretcher etc.
- Staff travel, Industry Discount tickets, upgrade vouchers and agent discount tickets.
- International credit card bookings where card verification is required before boarding the flight. The intimation for the same is sent to the card holder’s email mentioned in the booking reference.
- Groups of more than nine people on the same booking
- Customers can make changes to the seat preference.
- Customers cannot offload themselves through Web or Mobile check-in.
- Customers having any check-in baggage, the bags will have to be presented along with a valid photo ID to our airport check-in counter before the counter closure time which is at least 45 minutes prior to departure of the flight.
- If the customer is not able to reach the gate before the boarding gate closure (15 minutes prior), the customer will be offloaded from the flight and the ticket would be considered as No Show. The No Show policy as per the fare rules will applicable on the same.
- If a customer is not carrying the printed copy of the boarding card, the same can be collected from the check-in counter by providing a valid photo ID, before 45minutes to departure of the flight.
Preparing To Fly
At Vistara, your comfort and safety is our priority. You may be a seasoned traveller or flying for the first time but travelling by air entails a few preparations to ensure a pleasant experience.
You must ensure that you carry the necessary documents. These include tickets, valid photo IDs and other relevant IDs for concessionary fares you may be availing.
Check-in counters will open 2 hours 30 minutes before departure and close 45 minutes before scheduled departure time for all cabin classes. Give yourself enough time to reach the airport, keeping in mind traffic congestions, inclement weather and other delays.
Be certain that all your baggage has been tagged and identified. As some airports have more than one terminal, do ensure that you know which terminal you are departing from.
If you are nauseous due to in-flight turbulence, open the air vents, lie back with the seat in reclining position and relax. Air sickness bags are also provided in the seat pocket in front of you, should you require this.
You are advised to not experiment with self-medication. In case of early morning flights, avoid a late night with spicy food and alcoholic beverages the previous day.
Should you need any assistance onboard, please feel free to reach out to our cabin crew.
We offer a number of services for customers who may be in need of special assistance. If you require special assistance, we recommend you keep in mind the following:
- Make your reservation as early as possible to allow us to serve your needs better.
- Any requirement for assistance/special needs must be conveyed at least 48 hours prior to travel by contacting our Customer Service Centre on +91 928 922 8888 or +91 995 896 2222. However, we advise you to convey this information as early as possible.
- Let our ground staff and cabin crew know of your requests upon check-in or at the departure gate.
- Check-in at least 2 hours prior to your scheduled departure to ensure a seamless flight experience.
- All fit to fly certificates must be issued by treating physicians in accordance with specific cases.
- Customers who are not self-reliant (capable of taking care of all their physical needs independently in-flight) are required to travel with a ticketed companion for assistance.
Unaccompanied Minor (s)
Passengers with Limited Mobility
Visually/Hearing impaired passengers
- The dog must be properly trained.
- The dog must be adequately harnessed.
- A muzzle is available for the dog, if required.
- The dog does not occupy a seat.
- A moisture absorbent mat is placed on the cabin floor underneath the dog at all times.
- Carriage of life saving and other medical equipment on board – Please get ‘Physician’s Statement For Medical Equipment’ form filled from the (minimum MBBS qualified) doctor. This form is available on company website in the section of ‘Special Assistance’.
- Medical clearance – Required for medical oxygen requirement on board, recent major surgeries/hospitalisations/illnesses/injuries etc, suffering from infectious diseases, any medical condition which may require medical attention/special treatment on board, any medical condition which may deteriorate due to aircraft /airport environment or pose safety/security risk to the passenger herself/himself or to other passengers and crew members traveling in aircraft.
- For medical clearance MEDIF form (available on company website in the section of ‘Special Assistance’) will need to be filled and submitted as per instructions mentioned therein,
- Part-1 of MEDIF form - To be filled by travel agent or customer themselves. Declaration in part-1 is compulsory and should be signed by customer or his/her relative/representative.
- Part-2 and 3 of MEDIF form – To be filled and signed with stamp of doctor (minimum MBBS qualified). All columns to be filled. No column to be left blank. If any column is not relevant, please mention ‘Not Applicable’ therein.
- For detailed clearance guidelines, please refer ‘Medical Clearance Guidelines For Air Travel’ document on company website in the section of ‘Special Assistance’.
- Minimum time for medical clearance application is 48 hours before the flight and for stretcher case handling it is minimum 48 hours before the flight.
- Maximum duration before the flight when such application can be made is 10 days before the flight.
If you have suffered from an epileptic fit/convulsion during the 24 hours preceding departure, you will not be accepted for travel on a Vistara flight.
We request customers suffering from epilepsy/mental disorders to carry extra amounts of medicine to cover unexpected situations and advise them to avoid alcohol consumption prior to flying, ensure they are properly rested and avoid sleep loss, fatigue and exhaustion.
We also offer a meet and assist service to facilitate your journey. If you require any assistance within the airport, we request you to identify your need(s) at the time of booking via our Customer Service Centre on +91 928 922 8888 or +91 995 896 2222
Provided there’s no change of aircraft at intermediate points, we accept carriage of stretcher on all domestic flights. However, carriage of customer on a stretcher aboard a Vistara flight is subject to prior approval, availability and payment of the applicable fees/fares.
Bookings of stretcher carriage can only be made through the Vistara Customer Service Centre. Customers may contact us on +91 928 922 8888 or +91 995 896 2222 to enquire about the process and restrictions associated with such travel.
Find out everything you must know about taking baggage with you when you fly with us. Improper carriage of baggage can cause a lot of inconvenience. Hence, make sure your baggage is properly packed and tagged. The following tips will be handy -
- Make sure you are aware of your free checked baggage allowance. Any items over your allowance will be charged as excess baggage.
- Don’t pack any valuables in your checked-in baggage.
- Label your bags correctly with your name and address and remove tags and labels left over from previous flights.
- Make sure you know your hand baggage allowance and the latest restrictions on carriage of certain items in your hand baggage.
- Make sure you take medication, important documents, valuable items and cash in your hand baggage.
- Before checking-in please make sure you declare, if you are carrying any arms or explosive substances.
- Battery cells in any electrical / electronic items are permissible now & will now not be removed at the security point. Loose battery cells / dry cells carried in the hand baggage are liable to be removed. Please carry such items in checked baggage only.
You can read specific details pertaining to the type of baggage below.
- Please ensure that your hand baggage in the cabin does not exceed the dimensions of 55cms (22 inches) x 40cms (16 inches) x 20 cms (8 inches) and a total weight of 7 kgs.
- If you are travelling with children, they are entitled to the same cabin baggage allowance as adults. This, however, is not applicable in case of infants. Should you be carrying a carrycot, or a fully collapsible pushchair/stroller, you can carry them as checked-in baggage.
- An odd sized cabin baggage not conforming to the specified dimension will not be allowed in the cabin. Such baggage will be removed and will be loaded in the hold as per rules.
- In addition to one piece of cabin baggage or package, you may also be permitted to carry on of the following personal items, subject to security regulations:
- A lady's handbag.
- An overcoat or wrap.
- A rug or a blanket.
- A camera or binoculars.
- Reasonable amount of reading material for the flight.
- Infant's feed for consumption during the flight and infant's carrying basket, feeding bottle, if an infant is carried.
- A Walking stick.
- An umbrella (Folding type).
- Medicines required during Flight like Asthma inhaler etc.
- A Laptop.
If you are carrying baggage that exceeds the size and the specifications of the cabin baggage, you must carry it as Checked-in baggage. Following are the allowances for free baggage as per the cabin class you choose to fly with us:
|Cabin||Baggage Allowance (kg) per Customer (except Infant)|
The maximum weight permissible for a single piece of baggage is 32kgs.
Should your baggage exceed the limitations of the Free Baggage Allowance, an excess baggage charge has to be paid. The excess baggage will be charged at :
|Cabin Class||Economy||Premium Economy||Business Class|
|Excess baggage ||INR 100/-* per Kg for first 5 Kg and INR 300/- per Kg beyond 5 Kg||INR 300/-* per Kg||INR 300* per Kg|
Your security is our priority. Keeping this in mind, there are certain items that are not allowed in cabin baggage or in person, such as, liquids, gels, or aerosols exceeding 100ml (this includes beverages, shampoos, sun tan lotions, creams, toothpaste, hair gels, hair sprays, liquid cosmetics or any other items of similar consistency). Exceptions to this include: medicines, inhalers accompanied by prescriptions and baby food. These items will be carried in one clear transparent re-sealable, one litre size plastic bag and will be subjected to the prescribed screening and security checks.
Please ensure all your cabin baggage is stored in the overhead cabin lockers, or stored under the seat in front of you. Occasionally we may not have space to stow all hand baggage safely and as a result you may be asked to check in some or all of your hand baggage at the boarding gate.
For a comfortable journey, we suggest that most items are placed in your checked-in baggage. Items of value /importance, those required by you on-board the aircraft or required in connection with the journey should be carried in your hand baggage or on your person.
Carriage of “Kirpan” by Sikh Passengers
A ‘kirpan’ with a total maximum length of 9 inches (22.86 cms.), but a blade not exceeding 06 (six) inches (15.24 cms.), is permitted for carriage by a Sikh Passenger on him/herself, within India or on an Indian Registered aircraft.
Carriage of Arms and Ammunition
As per the provisions of the Aircraft (Carriage of Dangerous Goods) Rule 2003, a bona fide passenger can carry one licensed revolver, pistol or shotgun and fifty cartridges in registered baggage after declaring them at check-in counter and meeting all of the safety and security requirements.
If you are carrying arms and ammunition, you will need to fill out a declaration form at the check-in counter which will then be verified by the Airport Manager.
A handling charge of INR 5000 (plus Service Tax) will be levied for the carriage of firearms and/or ammunition. However, the following personnel are exempted from this charge following the presentation of appropriate documents and conditions:
1. Serving personnel from Defence forces, Para military forces and Police if travelling on duty and carrying an official movement order that authorizes the carriage of weapon and/or ammunition for official purposes.
2. Sportsmen travelling for a competition or representing the country providing they fulfil the following conditions:
- Identification document for the sportsman. Evidence of identity can be established by a photo identity card issued by a government agency or the sponsoring club.
- Valid licence/authorization of firearms and ammunition.
- Bonafide for carriage of arms and ammunition on the basis of a written document issued by the President or Secretary of the sports club sponsoring him/her for the shooting event.
For further details pertaining to this matter please contact our offices/Airports in advance.
Certain items are not permitted to be carried on person/ in cabin baggage or in registered baggage while travelling on board our flights. The list given below is not exhaustive and prevailing rules will apply.
Lighters, scissors-metal with pointed tips, realistic replica of toy weapons.
Box Cutters, Ice Axes/Ice Picks, Knives (any length and type except round-bladed, butter, and plastic cutlery), Meat Cleavers, Razor-type blades such as box cutters, utility knives, razor blades not in a cartridge, but excluding safety razors, Sabres, Sword
Baseball Bats, Bows and Arrows, Cricket Bats, Golf Clubs, Hockey Sticks, Lacrosse Sticks, Pool Cues, Ski Poles, Spear Guns
Items that can not be carried in Hand/Checked In baggage
Such as Flare Guns, Gun Lighters and Gun Powder, Explosive material. Blasting caps, Dynamite, Fireworks, Flares (in any form), Hand Grenades, Plastic Explosives and Realistic Replicas of Explosives.
Such as (deeply refrigerated, flammable, non-flammable and poisonous) Such as Butane, Oxygen, Liquid nitrogen and Aqualung cylinders. (deeply refrigerated, flammable, non-flammable and poisonous)
Such as Aerosol (any except for personal care or toiletries in limited quantities), Fuels (including cooking fuels and any flammable liquid fuel), Gasoline, Gas Torches, Lighter Fluid, Strike anywhere matches, Turpentine and Paint Thinner, Realistic Replicas of Incendiaries
Such as bleaching powder, peroxides
Poisonous and infectious substances
Such as insecticides, weed-killers and live virus materials.
Such as acids, alkalis, mercury,wet cell batteries (except those in wheelchairs), oven or drain cleaners
Other dangerous articles
Such as magnetized, offensive or irritating materials.
Briefcases and attaché cases with installed alarm devices
Certain other items such as the following may be carried only with advance approval according to policies of Vistara, interlining carriers and local regulations. Battery-powered wheelchairs with spillable/non-spillable batteries, dry ice, portable medical electronic devices etc.
Lost, Damaged or Delayed Baggage
Lost or Delayed Baggage
We aim to ensure that your baggage reaches its destination safe and sound. If, somehow, there is baggage which is not received, please contact Vistara personnel in the arrival hall. A report will be filed and a copy will be given with a reference number, which can be used to follow up on action.
Luggage is designed to protect its content. In the course of normal handling, your luggage will acquire evidence of use such as, minor cuts, scratches, Scuffs, stains, dents, soil or other normal wear and tear that does not reduce the functionality and normal usage of the bag. We trust you understand that we are not responsible for this type of damage or any of the following:
- Damage to over packed/oversized bags
- Items of a fragile or perishable nature
- Manufacturer/s defects
For baggage, which is damaged/pilfered, please contact Vistara personnel in the arrival hall to report.